[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jun 27 11:13:50 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 04:46:08PM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Thanks for the Clarification.
> >
> > I seem to remember that with Delphi the Term RuntimPackage had been used
> > the way I did and was not aware that with Lazarus this is different.
>
> Both Delphi designtime and runtime packages are dynamic libs.

Well, the only reason to deliver the runtime stuff in package form is
if you really support building the end application with packages. (which is
sometimes further complicated by letting the designtime package depend on
the runtime one) Otherwise DCU's are simply put in the path.

Strictly speaking a Delphi package is not always dynamic (.dcp, see
http://wiki.freepascal.org/packages). Comparable with a .a and an archive of
.ppu's for FPC I guess.