[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jun 27 17:40:35 CEST 2014

Il 27/06/2014 14:44, Marco van de Voort ha scritto:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 11:50:18AM +0200, Giuliano Colla wrote:
[...]
>> This makes it impossible to use the features of IDE Designer as it is
>> for a Kylix project.
> True, but the incompatible threw me off, and the perspective on what
> incompatible with Kylix means.
>
> I never considered loading unmodified CLX projects a Lazarus designgoal.
> More so because the last Kylix is already a decade old.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did consider this possibility because
we have hundreds of Kylix projects which are still alive, and need
maintenance. Kylix IDE can only be used on old platforms/virtual
machines but the compiler and the applications still run in the most
recent ones.
Until recently I wasn't aware of the possibility of extending the IDE
designer via a Mediator. But given this possibility, I find much more
interesting and stimulating the attempt to take advantage of this
feature, than the boring task of converting hundreds of Kylix
applications to LCL!

Giuliano