[Lazarus] PoChecker possible cosmetical patch

Václav Valíček vaclav at valicek.name
Fri Jun 27 20:24:11 CEST 2014

I probbably wrote something in missunderstanding way... I prefer
dxGetText against resorcestrings, becose ShowMessage(_'Text to
translate')); is better for me than creating resourcestrings (because of
future editing). But I have choosen it during my delphi era, because it
is good to for translating comunity software - no need to edit sources,
compile dll or lng files... Just editing po files by other users.

There is no difference for me as for raw translator. But when I want to
tweak something, edit some message, I have to find resourcestring (easy,
one click), find if is used on more or one place and then just edit or
create new one... Or edit all other occurences. While using gettext as
known from GNU Project apps, I just change strings in code and then
regenerate .po files. If I have to use formatted messages with Format(),
I can use __('str %s')  instead of _().

I'm not complaining about anything in IDE, just pointing at advantages
of gettext and giving reasons why I use it.

Václav Valíček
vaclav at valicek.name