[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:18:03 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> (I can't anchor the second Button to the first, because if the first becomes
> invisible, the second is moved from his position, which is not acceptable).

True, hiding the control ruins the plan of using anchors here.
A more standard way would be to disable it instead of hiding.

> Graeme Geldenhuys who had problems of the same sort ended up designing his
> own widgetset. I'm more modest, and I look to a design mediator.

Some sort of custom widgets could be a solution. There are component
libraries which can live side by side with LCL components.
I don't have any installed now but I remember testing some. I think I
will study them more if I need to make a fancy GUI.

Juha