[Lazarus] LazUtils - TProcessUTF8 - UTF8 Parameters issue

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 11:08:36 CEST 2014

> I answered in the forum.
>
> Bart

Aye, thanks for that.

More information.  I have now tried every combination of AnsiToUTF8(),
UTF8ToAnsi(), SysToUTF8(), UTF8ToSys() and just simply FFilename in both
TProcess and TProcessUTF8.  All failed (and you can see my machine gun
approach confirms my unicode ignorance).

I'm strongly leaning towards the possibility that this isn't going to work
until win\process.inc itself is upgraded to be unicode aware (ie use
CreateProcessW, upgrade CommandToList, and possibly other fixes).  If I'm
correct, this takes this issue away from being LazUtils related.

I'll do some tests on Linux this afternoon as I note that my problem might
just be limited to Windows and I'll post a FPC bugtracker issue with a test
case.  I also note that this problem appears to be just limited to me,
others report TProcessUTF8 working just fine for them (which makes a
certain amount of sense, otherwise there would be related issues on the
bugtracker)

Mike T