[Lazarus] TAChart stopped working

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Mon Mar 3 02:41:03 CET 2014

Hi,

while running a program using TAChart with a newer version of Lazarus
(1.0.10 or 1.0.14) and fpc 2.6.2 an exception "ERangeError" is thrown.
The program dates before Lazarus 1.0.10 and worked flawlessly then.

The error occurs in line 1103 of TACustomSeries:

<code>
procedure TBasicPointSeries.PrepareGraphPoints(
  const AExtent: TDoubleRect; AFilterByExtent: Boolean);
  SetLength(FGraphPoints, FUpBound - FLoBound + 1);
  if (AxisIndexX < 0) and (AxisIndexY < 0) then
</code>

when SetLength is called.

I'm using 4 UserDefinedChartSeries for drawing 4 graphs. The
PointsNumber is 256. When SetLenght is called, in FGraphPoints does have
approriate contents, FUpBound is 0 and FLoBound is 255.

Before I document the complete workings of my program I'd like to ask:
Has there been any change making this one a known issue?

TIA,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>