[Lazarus] How to bundle HTML help to package?

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Mon Mar 17 14:42:43 CET 2014

Hello,

I'd like to ask how to bundle offline HTML help to *.lpk package, to make key [F1] work.

I've created some units as a part of project and documentation (using FPDoc).

I created package, copied units and xml documentation there. I renamed xml headers (package name) and created html using console:
$ fpdoc --format=html .....

I set the path in Package dialog -> Options -> IDE Integration -> FPDoc settings / Search path to "docs".

Directory structure is:

$(PkgOutDir) ... pas, inc, lpk, lrs files
$(PkgOutDir)/docs ... xml files
$(PkgOutDir)/docs/html ... html files

When I start a new  project and I place component from my package there (project must be saved):

- when I hover identifier, Lazarus displays correct hint with desription, OK
- when I open FPDoc editor, it works too, when I place carret in Source Editor on identifier, OK
- when I press F1, Lazarus shows dialog: No help found for line 36, column 35 of /media/disk/v1/Projects/Test/packagehelp/unit1.pas

When I try to press F1 for other identifiers, it works. Example: TForm opens default web browser with online help: http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/forms/tform.html

What should I do?

Thanks.

Vojtěch aka Blaazen