[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2 Release

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:00:25 CET 2014

Am 05.03.2014 16:46, schrieb Juha Manninen:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> A little confusion regarding Windows 64-bit: The main page
>> www.lazarus.freepascal.org detects my system rightfully as Windows 64, but
>> diverts the download to the 32-Bit IDE.
> I don't think it is a big problem because 32-bit works well for most people.
> A bigger confusion would come from SEH related bug reports from people
> who just clicked the download button without knowing about the issue.
SEH shouldn't be an issue. Afterall you present the users the 32-bit
download and there exceptions aren't that problem they were on 64-bit
which is why SEH was implemented there first.
> I can look at the PHP code next weekend if it needs changes (unless
> somebody does it before that).
As I said my problem is not necessarily that you present users the
32-bit download, but that you show them that Windows 64-bit was detected
and then people might be surprised that they can't generate 64-bit
applications without downloading the addon installer.

Regards,
Sven