[Lazarus] Suggestion for IDE

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:31:09 CET 2014

Juha Manninen, Michael Van Canneyt, FreeMan

> I am still curious about what is FreeSparta?

FreeSparta is the new Lazarus distro. The aim of the project is to provide
better quality and user experience (at the beginning only for windows,
maybe with "out of the box" cross-compilation).

I want to start FreePascal/Lazarus foundation named FreeSparta, which will
be possible to sponsor new open source libraries (gestures, live bindings /
data binding, more Delphi compatible RTL, remote debugger, ToolsAPI).
FreeSparta license is the same as Lazarus but it will be possible to buy an
optional extra quality tools. I want to enter the synergy (and accelerate
the development of Lazarus and FPC) between the open source project and
commercial additives.

With first release will be included the "Generics.*" library (new and much
better version of fpc-generics-collections), fixes for a few (IMO) critical
Lazarus errors and new modern UX.

Project is almost ready :).

Regards
Maciej Izak (hnb),