[Lazarus] SQLTransaction won't start

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Mar 15 13:14:09 CET 2014

On Sa, 2014-03-15 at 07:23 +0100, Petr Hlozek wrote:
> I wanted to find out where is the problem and started with breakpoint
> on db := TMySQL55Connection.Create. It went fine until it reached
> db.Open line. After I hit F8 on this line, it hangs. Next time it
> hangs on tr.StartTransaction with this error:
>
> The GDB command:
> "ptype tr.StartTransaction"
> did not return any result.

So this looks like your tarnsaction cannot connect to the database burt
you're getting no error message but a hang.

You could
- check that anything inbetween your program and the database is
actually working. Using another client program may help to narrow down
the target
- turn on logging for mysql temporarily (the log fills up fast) and
check if mysql sees the connection attempt
- instead of stepping over the first erroneous line step into and look
what happens in detail

HTH,
Marc

--