[Lazarus] Crosscompile Target Win32 error : ( /units/i386-win32/win32] Error 1)

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Mon Mar 31 03:31:42 CEST 2014

On Friday, 28 March, 2014 05:36 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:02:44 +0800
> "Allan E. Registos" <allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> What is the correct fpcsrc version?
>> During Lazarus startup, cannot find the correct location, I must say
>> location of the fpcsrc installed.
> The IDE searches all common places. Is one common place missing?
I have .lazarus v 1.0.14 in my home directory. Uninstalled Lazarus
1.0.14 and install v 1.2, during startup, it uses that directory for
environmental setup and now generates an error for locating FPC. My
mistake of saying 'location', it still find the directory but failed to
recognize that it was the correct directory, that prompted me to move
.lazarus. I did not take a screenshot of the error, so I cannot recall
of the exact wording, but I think anyone can reproduce the error
generated by:
1. Install Lazarus 1.0.14(fpc/fpcsrc).
2. Uninstall only lazarus 1.0.14
3. Install 1.2 version
4. Run Lazarus and wait for the prompt and error at fpc tab during startup.

>> [...]
>> make: Entering directory `/usr/share/lazarus/1.2.0'
>> /usr/bin/make -C ide idepkg
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/lazarus/1.2.0/ide'
>> /bin/mkdir -p ../units/i386-win32/win32
>> /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory `../units/i386-win32': Permission denied
>> make[1]: *** [../units/i386-win32/win32] Error 1
> Thanks.
> The debian packages do not support cross compiling the IDE.
> Why do you want that?
Thank you.. I see. I am thinking that the (IDE) to get recompiled in
order to support win32 objects.

> You can cross compile the packages, which the IDE does automatically
> when you cross compile your project. No need to use "make" manually.
I see.  Try to target win32 and now it works. Thank you for your help...
Solved...