[Lazarus] Castle Game Engine 5.0.0 release

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat May 3 21:35:17 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

We're proud to announce the release of Castle Game Engine 5.0.0 :)
Castle Game Engine is an open-source (LGPL) 3D and 2D game engine, of
course for modern Object Pascal (FreePascal / Lazarus). We support many
3D formats and various graphic effects. The main engine site, with
detailed list of features, links to downloads and documentation, is on

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/engine.php

The main feature of 5.0.0 release is the support for Android and iOS
(iPhone, iPad) platforms. We use OpenGLES 2.0 renderer underneath, and
our engine can render on Android/iOS almost the same things as on normal
desktop systems :) Thousand thanks go the FPC team for making it all
possible.

Other new engine features include nice 2D API (although the engine
started as a 3D engine, it's very comfortable now to make pure 2D games
too) and new font reading and rendering (using FreeType).

Check out also "Darkest Before the Dawn"
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/darkest_before_dawn.php , our first
game done for Android :)

The details about new engine features are on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?id=2014-05-01 .

There is also a wiki page documenting Android specifics:
https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/wiki/Android%20development/ and
iOS specifics:
http://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/wiki/iOS%20Development/ .

Engine usage tutorial is on