[Lazarus] How to tell debugger what executable to use ?

Koenraad Lelong lazarus2 at de-brouwerij.be
Wed May 21 12:21:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use lazarus as a debugging-frontend for arm-embedded.
I managed to configure lazarus to compile my source into
arm-embedded-code for the STM32F103-processor.
My next step is to configure lazarus to debug the code.
When I do nothing, the debugger complains that project1 does not exist
(used path is OK), which is true because that file really does not exist
and should not exist. It's an *elf-file* (extension : .elf) that should
be used.
If I use gdb-cli I also have to use the elf-file. So how do I tell
lazarus to use that elf-file ?
I configured lazarus to use arm-none-eabi-gdb as debugger, connect to
localhost, port 3333. Which is the port openocd uses to let the debugger
have control.

I'm using lazarus 1.2.2, and fpc svn 27738 as arm-embedded-compiler. On
a linux-machine.

P.S. is there a way to send "monitor" commands to the debugger ? That
way I could program my chip.

Thanks,

Koenraad..