[Lazarus] OpenGL

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:34:50 CEST 2014

Hi Lazarati

I have two questions:
1. Have there ever been a Free Pascal implementation of OpenGL? I would
like to learn OpenGL and was wondering if I will be forced to use C++/C or
if there are other options.
2. I know there are (or have been) various OpenGL Lazarus components (e.g.
GLScene, NX etc) and game engines? (JEDI SDL != OpenGL?). Which would you
advice me to install/use for learning OpenGL and why? I am not asking for a
flame-war, so please state when it is just your opinion or else give a
reason.
3. Ultimately I would like to be able to write and use a game engine based
on OpenGL (in Pascal if possible) including sound etc.

Thanks
Chavoux