[Lazarus] New member with compiler query

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 13:29:55 CEST 2014

On 04.05.2014 09:47, Gordon Cooper wrote:

> On 05/04/2014 07:32 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Are you sure you mean Motorola CPUs?
>
>   I think so. If my memory is right, early Apple computers used
> the 6800 series cpu - 6809  was one of them. I maintained a batch
> of old Apple II's that were in process control where I worked.  Then
> we had a video editor with a 68000 processor (not sure which one).

I'm aware that old Macs used m68k CPUs. The point is though that you
said that you were asked to convert Delphi programs to run on Macs.
Because of this I can not imagine that the ones that asked you meant
those antique machines, but more modern Intel or at most PPC Macs

> But if they are all too old and only the Mac Intel are to be considered,
> I will be happy.  I am having enough to think about with coming back
>   to Pascal after leaving it a couple of years after Delphi 3.

Yes, you should concentrate on Intel or at most PPC Macs running Mac OS
X, not Mac OS Classic.

> Thanks Sven for your reply.

You're welcome. :)

Regards,