[Lazarus] New member with compiler query

Gordon Cooper hughgordont at gmail.com
Thu May 8 07:14:49 CEST 2014

   It was a Linux permissions issue,  and has been fixed.  I found that
a Free Pascal
executable file would not be executable if being read from USB memory stick.
Puppy Linux is automatically in the Root option and so ignores the lack of a
permission.

Gordon.

Earlier to day I wrote :
  My compiled  fP file  runs immediately and perfectly
on Puppy Linux but will not run on Kubuntu or Mepis. Both these
systems are asking me to select a program to run the file.

This may be a permissions issue, although all appears to be correct.