[Lazarus] How to program with time in milliseconds?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon May 12 15:33:59 CEST 2014

On 05/12/2014 02:47 PM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>  The wiki page even explicitly mentions ARM.
Right. As it does a system call in Linux, this should be independent of
the CPU arch

> Do you mean direct access to the hardware bypassing the OS? I thought
> that wasn't possible in Windows?

I don't know how the dynamic library call in Windows works.

AFAIR, all modern X86 CPUs feature a CPU register and an ASM instruction
for that purpose. As this is just a read, there is no reason for this
ASM instruction to be protected in any way.

I'll recheck ASAP.

-Michael