[Lazarus] How to program with time in milliseconds?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue May 13 11:08:33 CEST 2014

On 05/13/2014 10:45 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> There's an obvious pitfall there: a poor implementation might /think/
> that it's directly accessing the counters when in actual fact it's
> being virtualised or fixed up by a signal handler.

Regarding just reading the "performance-monitoring counter" Register
(not creating a timer event e.g. by means of a signal) it seemingly just
depends on the allowance bit that is (or is no) set by the os if or if
not this can be done in user mode. Of course we would need a guaranteed
behavior of an Arch/OS to do a viable implementation

-Michael