[Lazarus] File Access Problems in Linux

Gordon Cooper hughgordont at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:35:28 CEST 2014

Mattias,

  This is the version packaged in the repository for the Kubuntu
version I am using. A straight download and install.

Yes it is old, repository packages tend to be behind the times. I will
install a newer version later today, but doubt if it will make any
difference
in this case.

   Also, it is certainly my mistakes or  missing steps in my useage.
Have quickly set up a Win version of Lazarus 1.2  on a machine
running  XP.  Repeated the design sequence and received the same
error message about being unable to open the file for saving.
  So will be checking all paths and steps.

  First thought  was  that the problem is something related
to Linux file systems.  Second thought,  it is me!

Gordon