[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 14:28:59 CEST 2014

Am 26.05.2014 11:39 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:
> Here I found, that it is a rather appropriate use for EpikTimer to handle
it in a "static" way, not creating an instance of TEpikTimer with every use
of same, but simply to use class properties, class procedures and class
functions of TEpikTimer.

Why not simply instantiate a single instance and use that where necessary
instead of completely reworking the class?

> (In fact I am not sure, what happens when deriving siblings of
TEpikTimer, as I am astonished that doing things like "class function
SystemSleep(Milliseconds: Integer):integer; Virtual;" is even possible.

Yes, virtual class methods are a big advantage of Object Pascal compared to
e.g. C++. You don't believe how much I miss that feature when working with
C++ at work. :/

> I fail to understand how a virtual class function is supposed to work, as
I understand that without an instance there is no virtual message table.)

The VMT is not per instance, but per type, so there is no difference there
regarding virtual instance and class methods.

Regards,
Sven