[Lazarus] Open file dialog speed

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 28 02:31:34 CEST 2014

On 27/05/2014 18:15, Chris Crori wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     Is there anything I can do to speed up the TOpenDialog window in
> windows? It takes more than 2 seconds in my application in Lazarus, a
> lot more than in any application I run on the same computer (Windows7,
> 32 bit)

When your app runs in the IDE, or when you run your app outside the IDE?

In the IDE it is slower, because GDB tracks every library that is
loaded, and TOpenDialog can import many dll.

If it is only in the IDE/Debugger, and bothers you a lot, then try this
(autosolib):
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#gdb.exe_has_stopped_working
It may improve it a little bit. It does not affect outside the IDE.