[Lazarus] working with editor in column mode in Lazarus

duilio foschi duiliofoschi at euplan.com
Fri Nov 7 11:10:51 CET 2014

1. I select some text in column mode:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2d9p5ao.jpg

2. want to replace colon (':') with the equal ('=') char

http://i59.tinypic.com/34dfklf.jpg

3. I see that only the first occurrence of the token was replaced

http://i58.tinypic.com/29ehnaf.jpg

while I would expect ALL occurences in the selected area be changed.

Why ?

4. I copy the equal sign char into the clipboard with CTRL-C

http://i61.tinypic.com/a4sokm.jpg

I want to copy the equal sign in all the following lines at the same column
(this is something I do all the time in Delphi).

5. I place the cursor in the next line...
http://i57.tinypic.com/2vwy0zt.jpg

6. ...and press CTRL-V
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ikbiw1.jpg

The pic above shows the position of the cursor after the replace.

When in column mode, Delphi positions the cursor in the next line
after the replace is done.

Lazarus does not this and I have to move the cursor to the next line
myself for all the intended replacements.

Working in column mode this way is a pain the neck.

Or I can configure Lazarus so to get the expected behaviour ?

Thank you

Peppe