[Lazarus] Bug in code completion

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Nov 16 14:14:14 CET 2014

Hi,

I am writing a unit test. I type the following:

  AssertException('Cannot set packetrecords when sqoDisconnected is active',EDatabaseError, at TrySetPacketRecords);

I position the cursor on the @TrySetPacketRecords, and press code completion key.
(so Lazarus would create the TrySetPacketRecords method)

Nothing happens, except some error in the debug log:

   CompleteLocalIdentifierByParameter Procedure has less than 3 parameters
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "there is no completion for this code"

This is not correct: there is an overloaded variant of AssertException that has 3 parameters.
(shown by the tooltip, BTW)

Probably an oversight.

Michael.