[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Nov 14 15:55:07 CET 2014

On 11/14/2014 01:16 PM, Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> but you actually gain nothing, because of how the drivers work.

Are we (still) talking multi-core systems gaining performance by really
parallel work ?

You will gain nothing in the work of the GUI framework called by the
Lazarus program *if* the Framework software decides to use a semaphore
to block multiple thread concurrent working directly when entering any
framework function. We can't (easily) know this, but in fact I *suppose*
the widget set framework libraries will only block when entering the
driver.

But you will gain performance during the LCL's widget code if same would
support concurrency (which it currently does not).

-Michael