[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:02:35 CET 2014

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014, Péter Gábor <ptrg at freemail.hu> wrote:

> I vote for CheckBoxes without caption. For easier access a mouse click
> in the field of it may change its state.

This is difficult in practice. We could create code to change the state
when you click anywhere on the field, but it would change too easily then.
Other editors are only selected when clicked.
We could also replace the text with a string of spaces ('       ') to make
a shorter click-area but then there is no visual indication of where the
click-area ends. Not good.

One option is to use parentheses around the values, '(True)' and '(False)'.
Even the current values look good to me. Their meaning becomes obvious
after clicking them a few times.

Juha