[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:46:43 CET 2014

> If 3d effect is needed as Frederic wrote, it can be added.

My point of view may be old school :-) But I feel that controls should in
some way visually hint if they are editable or not. In software which
ignore this, the only way to check if a control is editable or not is to
click on it. And sometimes clicking on a control can have irreversible
consequences. In old Windows versions, this was achieved using 2D/3D, but
newer versions of Windows (I have not checked the Microsoft recommendations
for years) could use another clue (rounded/square angles, color...).
Anyhow, Sandro's design definitely suggests to me that the checkbox is
non-editable.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)