[Lazarus] Testing Lazarus

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:18:18 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 01:27:48 -0800
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dears All ,
> >
> > John Marino in DragonFly BSD
> > http://www.zoominfo.com/p/John-Marino/1652811690
> >
> > is working on porting Free Pascal into DragonFly BSD .
>
> Great. Although this is more for the fpc-devel list, isn't it?

In Linux , it could be apply the Free Pascal tests as a normal user .
The same tests can applied in DragonFly BSD when FPC port is ready .

In that part there is no problem .

> >[...]
> > Are there such pages , test batteries and application reports for
> Lazarus ?
> >
> > There is a directory in Linux as
> >
> > /lib64/lazarus/test/
> >
> > The readme.txt in this directory is not in sufficient detail to
> understand
> > what to do .
> > ( It may be very clear for experienced people . )
>
> I extended the readme.txt.
> Beware that running all tests can take a long time.
>
> Mattias
>
> --

The readme.txt become very easy to understand .

Before receiving this message , I have prepared myself a note how to apply
tests as a user ( not "root" )

My notes are the following with respect to Linux :

1. Create a directory as {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus} where
{$Testing_Lazarus} is a selected name .
2. Copy /lib64/lazarus/test/ into {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}
3. Copy /lib64/lazarus/lazbuild  into  {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}
4. Compile {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}/test/runtests.lpi
5. Compile {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}/test/runtestsgui.lpi
6. Execute {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}/test/runtestsgui by double clicking
on it .
    Wait for a while to complete tests .
    At the end of tests , save the generated XML file .
7 . Open a console terminal in  {$HOME}/{$Testing_Lazarus}/test/
8.  ./runtests  displays a help information .
9 . With respect to help information ,  write an execution statement :
  ./runtests --all --format={latext | plain | xml }
--file=Name_of_the_output_file.{tex | txt | xml }
    Wait for a while to complete tests .

Also I have compiled other programs in other directories .

Except

Compilation of

.../test/testresult-db/importtestresults.lpi

is giving

Error: Error while linking

the other programs are compiled correctly .

My Lazarus is v1.2.6 from Linux x86_64 release .

If you include information about other programs , the readme.txt will be
much more informative .

At present , there are FPC packages for NetBSD and OpenBSD , but there are
NOT Lazarus packages ( if I am not wrong ) . I want to help to generate a
Lazarus package for DragonFly BSD as much as possible . For this , testing
is a vital step .

By using this experience , perhaps we can help to generate Lazarus packages
for NetBSD and OpenBSD also .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk