[Lazarus] UTF8 RTL for Windows

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Nov 24 10:29:01 CET 2014

On 11/23/2014 07:52 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Well, the first reports of how the unicode rtl would look like were
> pretty scary: Total break of the string part of millions of lines of
> code that people wrote with Lazarus since years.

That is why I stopped recommending Lazarus to my colleagues who are
doing Delphi.

They took a huge amount of pain to convert their software from Delphi
one byte strings to Delphi two bytes strings. Hence they will not be
pleased to be forced to convert back to one byte strings to be able to
use Lazarus and some time later convert to two byte strings again once
Lazarus might be forced to finally follow Delphi on that behalf.

-Michael