[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:33:16 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM, FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com>
wrote:

>  Thank you Sandor & Juha, In Linux QT widgetset, color combobox is working
> now. But we forget real problem :)
> [pic]
> Chekbox's square lines need to 1 or 2 pixcel more to up, if row not
> selected. (if ARow <> FItemIndex then)

I don't have such problems with Lazarus built with QT bindings. I have Mint
Linux 17 with KDE, so it has QT everywhere.
I attach screenshots of QT, GTK2 and Windows bindings. QT is the only one
here that shows identical location and size for the selected (real)
checkbox and the non-selected (drawn by theme-services) one.
GTK2 version has a horizontal alignment problem, Windows is aligned
correctly but the box sizes differ.
The Windows version is 7. The difference in box sizes does not really
bother, it only emphasizes the selected one.
The alignment erros however do bother, they are clearly visual errors.
I think most of the boxes are too much left, even the ones that are equal
between selected and non-selected.

I need help with this issue. I don't know much about theme services or
graphics. We need a solution that works everywhere.
Maybe you could look at the code. Does your desktop theme affect? Do you
have Ubuntu Unity? It is known to be problematic.

See procedure TBoolPropertyEditor.PropDrawValue in unit
components/ideintf/propedits.pp.
Implemented in r46881.

Regards,
Juha