[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:20:43 CET 2014

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz>
wrote:

> I considered other solution. Create a new simple visual component
> (TCheckBoxThemed or so). It will have class method:
>
> class procedure PaintSelf(ACanvas: TCanvas; AChecked: Boolean);

Ok, the class paint method allows drawing non-active checkboxes without an
overhead.
It is a good idea. Sandro Cumerlato was planning for something similar, a
white background and clicking anywhere on a selected row would change the
state.
Please communicate with him if you plan to implement it. You both are
custom component wizards.

Lazarus 1.4 will be forked soon (1-2 months). A realistic plan is to
leave the current checkbox there for 1.4 and put the new one in trunk.
The current solution works well, too.

Bart, we must do custom painting without widgetset overhead for the
non-selected rows in OI. There can be tens of published booleans in a
component and OI must be snappy.

Juha