[Lazarus] TFMTBCDField problem

Chris Rempas crori49 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 01:07:24 CEST 2014

Hi guys!    I am using SQLdb with Firebird 2. I have a DECIMAL(9,5) field that SQLdb makes it TFMTBCDField automatically. Mt problem is that i cannot save any value to the database. If i let the field with the NULL value, my record is saved fine, if i try to put any value and save the record, it fails with "Invalid Variant convertion" error.    I Edited the record with an external tool and it loads up fine in my grid. In my grid i can change the data and scroll to another records (cached data is fine) but if i try to execute ApplyUpdates, i get the same error.
    Google could not help and i could not find anything in the bugtracker for the last 3 days!

Please help!!!
Regards,
Chris