[Lazarus] External tools keyboard shortcuts mess

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Oct 4 13:08:26 CEST 2014

Il 04/10/2014 11:13, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> Fixed in trunk.
>
> Please test.

Tested. It works like a charm! :-)
Thanks Mattias.

Idle note.

I had met some years ago a similar issue on the Red Hat Network
Configuration procedure, where localized strings where used when not
appropriate for Wireless settings.

Not only Wireless setting didn't work, but this led also to a crash of
the application. Once you had attempted to add a Wireless interface, you
couldn't use Network Configuration any more, unless you manually deleted
the configuration file and switched your Desktop language to English.

Being the procedure written in python I was able to fix it for me, and I
entered an issue in their bugtracker (providing also my patch). The
issue was quickly acknowledged, but it took them roughly two years to
include my patch into a release. In the meantime I had to reintroduce my
patch at each update.

Well, a quarter of an hour versus 2 years tells something about why,
after all, we love Lazarus!

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?