[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:14:42 CEST 2014

On 10/8/14, Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru> wrote:

> Isn't two listboxes and two pairs of Clear/Unselect buttons too much? It
> is not clear why listbox with master .po files is needed at all?

To make it easier to find a given master po file amogst the clutter of
translated po-files (if you select ($lazarus) folder to scan there
will be 619 translated languagefiles in the second (Child) listbox...

> I think that one treeview (showing master .po files and their children)
> will look much better and will allow to avoid interface clutter.

See my argument above.

Rethinking for a minute...

We could turn this around the other way.
Only have a master po list, with a language selection combobox.
The "All Languages" wil then act as the "Find all translated PO files" option.

The disadvantage is that the user cannot see that e.g.
pocheckerconsts.nl.po does not exist, so he gets an errormessage when
hitting the Run button.

> Also I would like to have an option to check arbitrary number of
> selected .po files at once, not just one (useful e.g. to check/show
> statistics for all files of particular language).

Unfortunately the PoFamilies class was never designed to be able to
handle something like that.
It would probably need a rewrite almost from the ground up.
Or set up some "collection" of PoFamilies, run their separate tests
and collect the aggregate of their logs and statistics somehow.

I can see it would be practical for language maintainers though.

End users never seem to be satisfied <G>...
All this came from one question: "can you write a tool that prevents
exceptions in format() due to wrong translationfiles."
And look where it has taken me...

Bart