[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2.6 Release

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:55:17 CEST 2014

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:17:08 +0200
> Frederic Da Vitoria <davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > I downloaded 1.2.6 32 bits and installed it over 1.2.4 (standard
> > installation). When I launch Lazarus, the welcome window says 1.2.4 and
> > then get the Configure Lazarus IDE dialog which tells me: "warning: wrong
> > version in ide\version.inc: 1.2.6". All the other tabs seem ok. I'm a bit
> > confused, what should I do?
> >
> > I am running Windows 7 64 bits,
>
> Maybe you have a custom built IDE left.
> Check "View / IDE Internals / About IDE", then in page "General"
> under "Global IDE Options / Primary Config Directory". This gives you a
> directory.
> Search a lazarus.exe (for example bin\lazarus.exe).
> Close the IDE. Delete the bin\lazarus.exe and start the IDE.
>
> Mattias

You mean: "make fpc compile the IDE from the sources"? Nice, I should have
thought of that. This is definitely one of the nicest points of Lazarus :-)

Out of curiosity, I did not do it thus, though. I redid the upgrade and got
the same result. I had previously checked, I did not have any "Lazarus"
task in memory. So I simply moved Lazarus.exe to another partition and
redid the upgrade for the third time and this time I got the Upgrade
configuration dialog.

Conclusion:
 - I don't know why the upgrade would not overwrite Lazarus.exe (is my
anti-virus playing me some silly trick?)
 - Your way to do it would have certainly have been much faster :-D

Thanks for the new version. Now I'm going to play a little with it.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org