[Lazarus] Redundant text on project buttons

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 14 20:13:39 CEST 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Am 2014-10-14 um 18:43 schrieb waldo kitty:
>> On 10/14/2014 5:20 AM, hinstance at yandex.ru wrote:
>>> These urgently need to be reduced to icons with no text
>>> http://s30.postimg.org/5hxkrzfkx/LWaste.png
>>
>> why? and why "urgently"??
>>
>> my personal preference is text only or text with icon if text only is not
>> available... i never have liked just plain icons with no indication of
>> their action...
>>

> +1
> Icons are realy useless.
> You cannot search for nor filter nor sort them.
> They eat up space and performance without benefit.

There must be something wrong with your eyes then.
Icons use less space than text.

You can count the number of buttons where the text is smaller (as in: less wide) than the icon, on 1 hand.
At a first glance, for 'Add' the text is as wide as the icon. For all other buttons the text is wider than the icon.

So, no thank you. I prefer icons; you can get rid of the text for all I care.

Michael.