[Lazarus] Redundant text on project buttons

Wed Oct 15 23:42:55 CEST 2014

On 2014-10-15 10:56, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> What is clear to me is that opinions vary, so, if it is changed,
> the behaviour should be made a setting.

At least under *nix systems where Gnome or KDE desktop environments are
used, it should really pick such settings up from the system. I remember
in my days of using Ubuntu 10.* I disabled icons in menus, and there was
a similar setting for toolbar buttons (icons only, text only or both).

If Lazarus LCL doesn't adhere to such system settings a specific IDE
setting is definitely a good idea. My workflow would be to have icons
and text enabled in the start, and once I know what the icons mean,
disable the text, thus saving on screen space.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/