[Lazarus] Redundant text on project buttons

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 17 12:40:51 CEST 2014

Am 2014-10-17 um 01:20 schrieb Juha Manninen:
 > Yes, a better icon would be appreciated. I promise to apply it.

What a waste of manpower!
Programming the UI already takes so much effort
that it should be restricted to useful things.

Just compare the two ways of selecting a graphical component in the IDE:

1.) Wading through the icons/buttons (which
are grouped in tabs with text(!) names. Why?).

2.) Right-clicking on the bar and selecting "View all".
With "View-all" I have a sortable list which I can filter
with a few keystrokes. What a comfortable function to find
things! And there is no need to create new icons for each
and every (new) component, just choose a (text) name.
What can be better?