[Lazarus] Eye Candy Controls 0.1.11

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sun Sep 21 11:48:51 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'd like to announce new version of Eye-Candy Controls. I keep conservative numbering, so version is 0.1.11 but they are stable, at least on LCL-Qt (where I developed them). I had some problems with debugging under Wine but I guess it is related to Wine rather than ECC.

It is a set of visual components based on Themes. Contains ruler, position-bar, image menu and visually atractive alternatives to TTrackBar, TProgressBar, TCheckBox, TRadioGroup, TCheckGroup, TSpeedButton, TEditButton, TColorEdit, TFloatSpinEdit and TUpDown with some extra options.

News:
License changed to modified LGPL
TECScheme - new visual component for various configurations
TBaseScrollControl - new abstract class for managing scrollbars (TECScheme is derived from it)
TECSpeedBtn - now supports multiline Caption
and more small improvements, see CHANGELOG.txt.
Note (for those who do not have Lazarus - SVN and install ECC for the first time):

ECControls requires following change in control.pp:
these two methods must be virtual:
line ~722 procedure GetSpaceAround(var SpaceAround: TRect); virtual;

line ~724 function GetSpace(Kind: TAnchorKind): Integer; virtual;

This is done in Lazarus trunk r.44805.
That's all. Without it will package not compile.
No matter if you have stable Lazarus (1.2) or trunk (1.3).
No matter if you have stable FPC (2.6.4) or trunk (2.7.1)
(but there were some patches to fpdoc which are not in 2.6.4,
 so if you want to create html docs via attached script, you need 2.7.1).

You can download preferably from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/
or alternatively from MediaFire: https://www.mediafire.com/#3odj0y75aogy8

There are five archives now:
ECC.zip - Eye Candy Control package
ECC-Demo.zip - demo that shows possibilities of ECC (except TECScheme)
ECScale-Demo.zip - demo that shows how to use TECScale inyour own components
SchemeDesigner.zip - tool for designing of TECScheme (don't forget to try to attached demo.xml)
ECSchemeDesc.zip - simple demo that shows how to create a visual component derived from TECScheme (overridden painting routines etc.)
Note: I tested them on Qt, GTK2 and Win32 (Win). I never tried with Carbon. Feedback from Carbon testers is welcome.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Vojtěch