[Lazarus] [FEATURE REQUEST] Tip of the day

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 10:06:57 CEST 2014

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 18:22:18 -0300
> silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Well, it was just a feature request based in an useful idea, but it can be
>> discarded without problem. :-)
>
> Feel free to create a package that adds the TOTD.
> If it is nice, we can add it by default.

A dialogue at startup that could warn of any known major problems or
otherwise display a tip or season's greeting might be attractive, but it
should definitely not be enabled by default since it could be
interpreted as a "phone home" that enabled the project to monitor
Lazarus users.

Something like RSS might have a place here, but in any event startup
shouldn't be delayed if connection can't be made.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk