[Lazarus] Cannot compile EpikTimer

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Sep 6 01:36:55 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 05:55:46PM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > OS. (e.g. freebSD MONOTONIC vs MONOTONIC_FAST, the latter I'd expect
> > in a
> > gettickcount)
>

> Did you see my patch in FPC Mantis regarding this?  If it's not 100%
> correct (I'm a total newbie when it comes to compiler development),
> hopefully it is at least a good starting point to implement this in
> FreeBSD. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I committed it, since the patch itself was ok. Maybe it should have been
attempted to come to one implementation for free/open/net in bsd.pas though.

What I was hinting above maybe the sysutils code should use MONOTONIC_FAST,
not MONOTONIC on FreeBSD. Granularity worsens, but performnace improves.

It depends on what the sysutils routine is supposed to favor.