[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:10:56 CEST 2014

On 9/7/14, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I only use the standalone version.
>  Really? Ok.

Yes, really.

> I don't have it installed as a package/integrated in the IDE (not sure
>> how that is done).
>

> How come, you have made the package after all. It can be installed from
> Package -> Install/Uninstall packages.

No I did not. I built the stand-alone version.
IIRC you made it into a package.

> Also, please do not separate the interface (main form etc).
>> It will be a maintanance nightmare.
>>

> It must be separated somehow if the GUIs have different controls. The
> integrated version would have a list of translations belonging to the
> project.

This would be a list of (master) .po files?

> The standalone version would not have it.
> Two separate GUIs are not bad if you have a clear separation between GUI
> and logic.

Could be ifdef-ed in the main form perhaps.

> The usability now is poor also because the window is modal. All other IDE
> windows are modeless and support certain things like persistent
> resize/location and maybe docking.

>From my POV the result window is a dialog and hence modal.

> This must be fixed, too. Then the integrated PoChecker would be a "first
> class citizen".

Someone else must do that then.
I haven't got a clue on how to achieve this.

With help of others I will start making the graphical summary form
(yet another modal dialog).
This wee I don't really have the time for it though.

Bart