[Lazarus] Building Lazarus: apparent errors with lazloggerbase?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:23:12 CEST 2014

On 08/09/2014 10:44, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:12:19 +0200
> Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/09/2014 20:14, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>>
>>> Why is your LCL.compiled empty?
>> Maybe because lazbuild crashes as the output above indicates? (I'm sure
>> you've considered that but as you know I'm not afraid of stating the
>> obvious or even the obviously wrong ;) )
>
> The above output is about *reading* the empty file.
Ok, thanks.

> Something created the empty file before that.
> For example if your disk is full, this can happen. But then again, you
> should have seen a write error.
Searching for the string error gives nothing in my output log before the
Error reading file message (and units named error etc)

>> Error: In
>> 'file:///home/pascaldev/trunk/lazarus/components/rx/lib/x86_64-linux/rx.compiled'
>> (line 1 pos 1): Root element is missing
>> lazbuild is non interactive, aborting now.
>
> Fixed.
Thanks.

Removed .ppus, and ran fpcup again.
Worked flawlessly.... so whatever it was probably just went away (or
some error lead to a .compiled file with invalid xml which your fix fixed).

THanks, Mattias!