[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:39:01 CEST 2014

On 9/8/14, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Testing all files at one go may not be necessary, although it could be
> an option.
> Offering the available files in a list is more important.

 > Now that I think of it, the stand-alone version could have a similar
> list of files, found under a directory selected by user.

Sounds do-able.

>> Should there be a GUI for the user to select what tests to run, or how
>> should this be configurable?
>
> The current GUI for selecting the tests is quite ok.
> Finding all relevant .po files is the biggest usability issue for me.

We can add another button to select a directory and the find all
pofiles and put them in a list.
We could also provide a recent-file-history.
My idea would be to split that list in master files and translated
files, otherwise it's gonna be hard to find a given master file
amongst the many translate ones.

> , but the
> new shiny IDE message window could be used with the integrated
> version. Clicking on a warning would open the .po file in editor and
> place the cursor in the error spot.

In the past there was a request to integrate editing in the tool (like
you describe: click on an error and goto the .po file). After
discussing it, this idea was rejected.
The main purpose of the tool is to check for errors. No reason to bloat it.

But then again, offering to open the file in IDE (when run from IDE)
sounds like a nice idea.

> In fact I use Lazarus editor for .po files. Maybe it is a dummy thing
> to do but it works for me.

Well, I use my own editor (LazEdit (CCR) was based on it)

> I am not pushing you to implement this, I only think how it would be
> in a perfect world. I must learn a proper message window integration
> myself for the Delphi converter, maybe I can look at this later.
> Or, maybe Giuliano Colla wants to implement it, he already knows IdeIntf.
> :)

I don't feel pushed.
The ideas are good, I simply now nothing about IDE integration, and
I'm currently lacking the drive to dive into that.

Bart