[Lazarus] Selection issues in class derived from TCustomDrawGrid

Rik van Kekem rik at graficalc.nl
Sun Sep 14 12:14:32 CEST 2014

On 13-09-2014 19:59, Werner Pamler wrote:
> In fpspreadsheet I am using a TsWorksheetGrid to display the contents of
> spreadsheet files. This grid is derived from TCustomDrawGrid, it gets
> all data and formats from the underlying TsWorkbook.
>
> One thing which annoys me is that the grid can no longer select a range
> of cells once the goEditing option is set. An ordinary TDrawGrid has the
> same issue, but a TStringGrid on the other hand works perfectly.

Is this in the latest svn-version (3561)? I'm not seeing this issue.

I've never used the gui-components and see some other weird stuff (like
reading an .ods gives me an error about adding a empty name for a
worksheet and when changing a cell in the grid i get an invalid date
format error but that's probably something i'm doing wrong :).

For the TsWorksheetGrid, i can just drop it on a form, set goEditing in
Options, do a sWorksheetGrid1.LoadFromSpreadsheetFile and select
multiple cells. (You're right that that doesn't work in TDrawGrid but
for TsWorksheetGrid it works for me)

Could you provide sample code? (or is it also just as simple as mine?)

(or am i not understanding the problem correctly?)
See: http://i.imgur.com/ikwdhb6.png

(Lazarus 1.3 r46216M FPC 2.7.1 i386-win32-win32/win64)
(fpspreadsheet svn 3561)