[Lazarus] Help system questions

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 13:34:38 CEST 2014

On 14/09/2014 12:46, Rik van Kekem wrote:
> On 13-09-2014 07:00, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Just above Exit the "Result" of the function is already set in Result so
> there is no need for the parameter in Exit (it's already set).
> (Even the ErrMsg is given back via the var-parameter of ShowNode)
>
> (You were probably really tired :))
Thanks, yes, you're right.

Not surprisingly, fiddling with the code did not change my main problem:
the Code Browser still pops up even after succesfully showing help....
but enabling the lazarus log did show this:
TIDEHelpManager.ShowHelpForSourcePosition no declaration found, trying
keywords ...
TChmHelpViewer.ShowNode Filename="ref.chm"
SearchPath="D:\Docs\Pascal\LazarusHelp"
Found="D:\Docs\Pascal\LazarusHelp\ref.chm"
LHelpControl: WaitForMsgResponse: hit timeout (10)
TIDEHelpManager.ShowHelpForSourcePosition "not" is not a FPC keyword,
search via code browser ...

which gives me something to work with (after a good night's sleep :) ):
I get a timeout message which shouldn't happen so either a response is
still not received in time (too early or too late) or not sent at all.
Actually the main reason why I started this patch ;)

Ah well...