[Lazarus] PostMessage return value

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:19:55 CEST 2014

> In that case I definitely would use Application.QueuAsyncCall.

If I understand correct, from this page:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Asynchronous_Calls

QueueAsyncCall is, like what its name suggest, doing this in asynchronous
favor -- it execute queued method in the next message loop (while
Application.ProcessMessages takes place, right?).

But what I need PostMessage for is to notify main thread (or another
thread) that a worker thread finished its job, so that the thread manager
can start a new thread to do the remaining work.

Anyway, is PostMessage considered "deprecated" or "shall be used on windows
only"?   Is there a better way to do what I want?

Thanks,
Xiangrong