[Lazarus] white popup hint box

Rik van Kekem rik at graficalc.nl
Tue Sep 16 00:00:12 CEST 2014

On 15-09-2014 23:24, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Yes it is. As I explained it is now part of bigide.
> The next version 1.4 installer will have it by default.
This afternoon i did a complete reinstall (on another machine) and did
NOT get turbopoweriprodsgn. I did get TurboPowerIPro by default.
(And i guess Waldo didn't get it either by default)

I did a complete new install with fpcup.
(Or is that the problem? Is that not the BigIde?)
Lazarus 1.3 r46238 FPC 2.7.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

> Does this discussion mean that the old text hint window also changed its
> color?
> I refactored THintWindow but I did not touch the color IIRC.
I don't know if the color used to be different. I did notice the color
of the TurboPowerIProDsgn is somewhat more yellow (and thus more
visible). And it indeed does look a lot better with more options.

But the old text hint window doesn't have a border. And it does take its
color correctly from the theme which as it should be (clInfoBk).
Although the real hints, from buttons etc., are taken from the theme
itself and can't be overridden. The personalize tooltip should only be
used for Classic and Basic themes but somehow clInfoBk does also get
that color in Aero theme, but only for that text-window. For the other
button-hints etc. the color is white-gradient with border (according to
theme-standard which is correct). I guess the old text hint does not do
Themedrawing by default (otherwise it would also be white-gradient with
a border).

(But if TurboPowerIProDsgn becomes/is default the old text hint windows
shouldn't mater anymore)