[Lazarus] PostMessage return value

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 18 11:44:17 CEST 2014

On 09/18/2014 11:36 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
> A critical section is a mutex

OK. (but a mutex is constructed from a semphore, anyway, even if this
might be done in the OS). (I did this when doing my own special purpose
multitasking OS (in C), some 20 Years ago.)

> and an event in this context is a binary semaphore.

Here, you seem to be speaking of a "TEvent instance" not of a Object
pascal language "Event" (such as "OnCreate") which is something
completely unrelated (and which I provide as "OnReady" in the code I
posted).

-Michael