[Lazarus] PostMessage return value

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 19 12:23:43 CEST 2014

On 09/18/2014 10:32 AM, Xiangrong Fang wrote:

> I don't quite understand the logic or difference between critical section
> and events.

Following your suggestion to use events (here meaning semahores) instead
of critical sections (here meaning mutexes) I tried to modify my code to
use TEvent (as same is Delphi compatible - or at least it does exist in
Delphi as well).

Unfortunately I do not get this working. When I instantiate TEvents
instead of TCriticalSections (and don't do much with same)  the GUI
freezes. In fact I do this in the "OnCreate" Event of the main Form and
(not always but mostly) no child components are shown (but the close
button [x] of the form still works.

I don't understand wow this can happen (svn versions of Lazarus and fpc).

-Michael