[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 29 23:59:50 CEST 2014

Il 29/09/2014 21:35, Bart ha scritto:
> On 9/29/14, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> [..]
> 7) Trying to use the tool I realized that another feature was missing:
> GraphStat provided only information about the
> Translated/Untranslated/Fuzzy, but didn't tell a thing about errors.
> Therefore I've added another property to TStat, and filled it properly
> (TStat.Create, etc). Then I've added a red question mark to the pie
> image when the errors are > 0, and I've added the number of errors to
> the hint.
> This is wrong, I think.
> ErrCount depends on the previous tests that have run (and on the
> "Ignore Fuzzy" option.
> The CheckStatistics runs independantly from all other tests.
> As a result the new property for TStat can be rather misleading.
I tested the IDE integration, and it works as expected.

But as far as the indication of the presence of errors in the graphical
view, I strongly disagree with you.
I tested with the translations of ($Lazarus)/languages/lazaruside.po.
You must scan exactly 12165 lines on the results page to see all the
errors (the remaining lines give the percentage for translations). See
Image:

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker-r.png

This makes the tool completely useless to provide a general view of the
state of the translations.

If you compare with this image:

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker-g.png

you may judge by yourself what's more practical.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?